A detailed illustrated list of the most common problems that occur when printing with FDM 3D printers.
If the Disk Utility GUI on OSX doesn’t allow you to format a USB Stick or SD Card with FAT32 the command-line does.
- List the available disks with: “diskutil list”
- Find the device you want to format eg.: “/dev/disk2” and use this device in the next command.
- Format with: “sudo diskutil eraseDisk FAT32 DISKNAME MBRFormat /dev/disk2″
A good primer on the problem of human level AI by Nils Bostrom author of “Superintelligence – Paths, Dangers, Strategies”.
Great lecture series at Stanford by RichardSocher on Natural Language Processing with deep learning.
The 3D models of inner city Berlins buildings are open data: businesslocationcenter.de/en/downloadportal
Textured laser scans collected with Leica scanners.
Basic information on Lighthouse and schematics
Schematics of the discrete part of a sensor node for the Valve/HTC Vive Lighthouse Tracking System courtesy of Alan Yates. More info in this thread on reddit: reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/465lqw/lighthouse_sensor_module_designs/ in Alan Yates posts here: reddit.com/user/vk2zay and in this video with him talking about it at maker faire:
Also interesting the embedded-fm podcast with Alan Yates talking about Lighthouse Development and the science behind it in general: http://embedded.fm/episodes/162
In depth analysis of lighthouse technology
For an in depth analysis of the lighthouse system read Oliver Kreylos post here: doc-ok.org
Someone made a board from the schematics. The data is on github: github.com/pdaderko/lighthouse_sensor/tree/master/hardware
Official Licensing of Lighthouse Technology
Last but not least. Valve started a royalty-free licensing program to use lighthouse technology for third-party products. Licensees will need to pay $2,975 to attend a training course, but other than that, there’s no licensing fees or royalties for using the tech.
Valve provides a Lighthouse ‘Licensee Dev Kit’ to companies who apply to use the technology. It includes:
Dev Kit Contents
- A modular reference tracked object suitable for attaching to prototype HMDs or other devices
- Full complement of EVM circuit boards to enable rapid prototyping of your own tracked object
- 40 individual sensors for building your own tracked object
- Accessories to enable custom prototypes
- Software toolkit to assist with optimal sensor placement
- Calibration tools for prototyping and manufacturing
- Schematics and layouts for all electronic components
- Mechanical designs for the reference tracked object and accessories
- Datasheets for the sensor ASICs
A post on clay modeling tools: http://www.core77.com/posts/25335/