The odrive is a open source high performance brushless servo platform based on RC BLDC motors. Great Stuff!
- Two motor channels.
- 24V, designed for more than 100A peak current.
- 48V version just released.
- DC-DC converter, for brake resistor or energy storage.
- Encoder feedback for arbitrarily precise movements.
- Supports power regeneration.
- Optional use of a high power density battery means you can achieve >1kW peak power output with only a modest power supply.
- Open source: Hardware, Software
- USB Serial port — PC, BeagleBone, RaspberryPi, etc.
- CAN — CANOpen and CiA 402 is a possibility.
- UART — Arduino, mBed, etc.
- PWM — RC Recievers, Arduino, etc.
- Step/direction — Existing motion controllers
- Some general purpose digital and analogue pins
- Many types of command modes
- Goto (position control with trajectory planning)
- Position commands
- Velocity command
- Torque command