Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute is currently working on a complete end-to-end system for the real-time acquisition and projection of immersive, high-resolution video panoramas. The approach is based on a flexible, mirror-based multi-camera rig that uses multiple HD cameras to capture very high-resolution video panoramas. These videos are then exhibited with a flexible multi-projection system in order to provide the viewers with the immersive feeling of watching the event on-site from the very best seat.
- Real-time acquisition and projection of high resolution video panoramas with large field-of-view (FOV),
- Capturing with flexible rig for up to five HD cameras with FOV of 150 degrees,
- Full circle rig for up to 12 HD cameras with 360 degree capturing capability,
- Exhibition with flexible, high-resolution multi-projection system,
- Based on CineCard PCI-card that supports up to four projectors per board (and up to 16 projectors per PC),
- Unlimited cascading in both vertical and horizontal direction,
- Immersive viewing experience that feels like “being there”.